SUN TRIBE DEVELOPMENT: COMPANY PROFILE
As Sun Tribe’s provider of large-scale renewable energy solutions, Sun Tribe Development partners with utilities, landowners, municipalities, and corporate clients as they move towards a clean, affordable, and resilient energy future. With an emphasis on quality, community-focused projects, Sun Tribe has built one of the most experienced teams in the business, with over 5GW of collective renewable energy experience. The company’s portfolio of PV projects includes front-of-the-meter assets with a scale of 2MW AC to 150 MW AC+.
POSITION SUMMARY: SOLAR DEVELOPER
The Solar Developer leads all aspects of managing the development process of solar PV projects up to the start of construction, from site acquisition through the receipt of authority documents including Interconnection Agreements and discretionary state and local permits, as well as supporting the pursuit and execution of revenue contracts (PPA, APA, PSA, MIPA or equivalent). The Developer works with and is supported by Sun Tribe Development team members with expertise in renewable energy policy & incentives, real estate, GIS, legal, design, permitting, site preparation, finance and construction.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Sun Tribe Developers are assigned specific markets and project types and entrusted with the management of projects from site origination through project monetization, including:
- Ownership of a project Development Plan utilizing Smartsheet project management software to establish itemized tasks, budgets, timelines, and schedule dependencies, from site acquisition through NTP construction
- Site analysis and site selection, in partnership with GIS Team and real estate brokers as applicable
- Landowner outreach and contract negotiation culminating in executed Lease or Purchase Option agreements
- Discretionary Permitting including land use and zoning (typically Conditional Use Permit / Special Use Permit) via county planning and zoning authorities, as well as any state or federal permits as may be necessary (e.g., VA DEQ Permit By Rule)
- Tax – Negotiation of personal property tax abatements or PILOTS with county officials
- Coordination of third-party engineering and environmental consultants to obtain required studies and surveys in support of real estate title and discretionary permit applications
- Partnership with Sun Tribe Development Engineering for the provision of preliminary layouts, production forecasts, and management of third-party engineering consultants as appropriate
- Interconnection – progress projects through the Interconnection studies process, in partnership with the company’s Interconnection Manager
- Maintaining a strong understanding of the regulatory and policy environments for assigned market(s)
- Marketing the project to customers, in partnership with Sun Tribe executive and business development team
- Modeling project economics and financial parameters
- Management of project level budgets using the company’s proprietary Stage Gate management program
CHARACTERISTICS OF AN IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- 1-2 years of hands on renewable energy development, or rigorous project management that can serve as a proxy
- Impeccable attention to detail and a commitment to quality work product
- Extremely organized; able to manage a myriad of competing priorities
- High energy, responds well to pressure, works to deadlines
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as with a team
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills necessary for community building internally, and trust building externally
- Must have integrity, tenacity, and credibility complimented by a bias for action and a strong sense of personal accountability
- A joyful approach to work and life combined with a sense of humor highly recommended
- Education: University Degree
- Experience: Minimum of 2 years developing utility scale solar projects in the US
SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION:
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter directly to [email protected] with the subject line ‘Project Developer’.
# # #
Sun Tribe is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation or belief.
Sun Tribe Solar is a drug-free workplace.