At Sun Tribe Solar, we are building a team of the brightest and most passionate individuals and giving them an environment to freely think, create, grow and thrive, resulting in innovative and forward-thinking approaches to solar. As a Project Engineer at Sun Tribe, you will be responsible for aiding the engineering design, completing solar feasibility analysis and developing engineering plans for commercial and/or utility-scale solar PV projects. The engineering team is integral to project success from design through construction and operation.
As a Project Engineer at Sun Tribe, you will be responsible for aiding the engineering design, completing solar feasibility analysis and developing engineering plans for commercial and/or utility-scale solar PV projects.
The Project Engineer reports directly to the Vice President of Engineering.
- Create project drawings including site plans, system layout, one lines, cable management, and equipment installation details
- Compile engineering submittals for proposals, permits, and construction
- Create project and equipment specifications and Bills of Material
- Create accurate system performance models in PVsyst and Helioscope
- Evaluate and select equipment to optimize system economics, functionality, reliability, and safety
- Provide field support when necessary to solve technical problems, communicate design details, and perform quality control walk-throughs
- Assist the O&M team to resolve issues
- Continually seek new equipment and design methodologies for PV systems
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors of Science in Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science or Physics or equivalent experience
- Experience in Solar PV preferred but not required
- Familiarity with AutoCAD, Sketchup, or CAD/CAM programs
- Familiarity with the National Electric Code as it pertains to solar PV system design
- Strong computer skills
- General understanding of physical, electrical, and structural construction plans
- Ability to work well with others in a collaborative team environment
- Honest, reliable, self-aware and conscientious
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong Planning, organization, and prioritization skills
- Experience in PV system performance modeling in PVsyst or Helioscope
- Currently holds or is in the process of obtaining NABCEP Installation Professional and/or Technical Sales Certification
SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION:
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter directly to [email protected] with the subject line ‘Project Engineer’
# # #
Sun Tribe is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation or belief.
Sun Tribe Solar is a drug-free workplace