The Development Manager, Commercial position is responsible for growing Sun Tribe Solar’s business in the commercial market segment. The Development Manager will work to identify new business opportunities and manage new client relationships to grow Sun Tribe’s commercial project portfolio. The Development Manager will serve as the primary point of contact for Sun Tribe’s commercial clients in Virginia. To succeed in this role, frequent day travel will be required for client visits and to prospect for new potential customers.
The Development Manager, Commercial position is responsible for growing Sun Tribe Solar’s business in the commercial market segment.
The Development Manager reports directly to Vice President of Business Development, and works closely with other key staff, including the Snr. Development Manager, Chief Technical Officer, and Engineering Team.
- Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of the Company’s services and pricing structure.
- Closely monitor developments and trends in the marketplace and competitive landscape; Deliver a report quarterly to senior leadership on finding
- Quarterly, provide recommendations to senior management on strategic objectives for the commercial market segment
- Build enduring relationships with key external stakeholder groups to drive a sustainable pipeline of new business opportunities
- Manage the sales funnel for the commercial market segment
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all assigned leads and those self-generated
- Effectively communicate internally and manage resources to meet business development objectives
- Represent the company at conferences and other industry events
- Work closely with Sun Tribe’s business partner to develop mutually beneficial relationships with roofing contractors
- Determine prospect and customer goals, values, objections, and needs, and propose appropriate solar service solutions
- Deliver sales proposals/presentations
- Maintain accurate daily records in the Company’s CRM management system (Salesforce) to update scheduling and activities, and develop accurate prospective customer profiles
- Maintain good customer relations and customer service throughout the sales cycle, including before, during, and after the project is completed and installed
- Complete required reports and other paperwork in a timely manner and in accordance with Company policy
- Attend networking events and occasionally deliver presentations in order to raise the company’s profile
- Regularly review weekly sales activities, progress on goals, and status of prospective customers
- Other duties, as assigned
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- MBA or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years of proven success in outside sales
- Excellent planning, organization and prioritization skills
- Experience in self-generating prospect leads, and exceptional follow up skills
- A track record of achievement as evidenced by sales awards, beating quota, building a new book of business, growing a market, etc.
- Experience in developing and executing territory sales strategies
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong presentation, negotiation, and closing skills.
- Ability to work well with others in a collaborative team environment
- Experience using Salesforce for lead and client management
- Entrepreneurial mindset and ability to self-manage
- Experience with solar energy preferred but not required
- Sales experience in the public market segment preferred but not required.
- Valid state driver’s license, clean DMV driving record
SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION:
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter directly to [email protected] with the subject line ‘Development Manager, Commercial’
# # #
Sun Tribe is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation or belief.
Sun Tribe Solar is a drug-free workplace