The Vice President of Trading will be directly responsible for a wide variety of functions including business development, partnerships, contract negotiation, data systems, financial stewardship and trading operations. This position will work directly and collaboratively with Sun Tribe’s C-Suite to provide strategic input regarding the regional REC markets.
The near term focus of this position will be the transaction of RECs through both buy side and sell side contractual arrangements. This is a multi-faceted role that will require adaptation to variant business needs as the company grows and opportunities emerge. This position is an executive position in Sun Tribe ecosystem. To succeed in this role, some day travel will be required to prospect for new potential partners.
- Participate in the development of the organization’s strategic growth plan
- Represent the company at industry events, conferences and speaking engagements
- Represent the company to strategic external stakeholders
- Recruit, grow and retain extraordinary talent
- Foster a positive working environment that promotes transparency, learning and open communication
- Provide strategic leadership which support business objectives and long-term company growth
- Critical decision-making responsibility for charting the company’s multiyear objectives, targets, and priorities
- Cultivate and develop new beneficial external partnerships/relationships
- Serve as the primary point of contact for REC partnerships, representing Sun Tribe professionally and in line with core values
- Negotiation of acquisition, brokerage, and partnership agreements with generators
- Develop services and pricing structures
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the marketplace, and regularly communicate with peer executives about market trends and positioning
- Build and execute strategic plans to acquire production rights to the environmental attributes for a portfolio of distributed generation solar facilities in Virginia.
- Utilize existing relationships and cultivate new ones to develop target lists of potential REC partners to solicit
- Develop a subject matter expertise in the emerging Virginia REC market and serve as an internal SME
- Develop productive professional relationships with partnership leads and partners
- Work with the Public Affairs team to monitor and advance relevant policy
- Determine prospect and partner goals, values, objections, and needs, and propose appropriate contractual solutions
- Prepare and deliver partnership proposals/presentations
- Maintain accurate daily records in the Company’s CRM management system (Salesforce) to update scheduling and activities, and develop accurate prospective customer profiles
- Maintain good customer relations and customer service throughout the partnership cycle, including before, during, and after the contract is completed
- Complete reports and other paperwork in a timely manner and in accordance with Company policy
- Regularly review weekly sales activities, progress on goals, and status of prospective customers
- Other duties, as assigned
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- MBA or equivalent work experience
- 5-10 years of experience in the energy/environmental commodity trading industry
- Excellent planning, organization and prioritization skills
- A track record of strategic contributions in a high-growth environment
- Experience in developing and executing market entry strategies.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong presentation, contract negotiation, and closing skills.
- Experience using Salesforce for lead and client management
- Entrepreneurial mindset and ability to self-manage
- Experience in Solar Energy preferred but not required
- Valid state driver’s license, clean DMV driving record
SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION:
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter directly to [email protected] with the subject line “VP of Trading”.
# # #
Sun Tribe is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation or belief.
Sun Tribe Solar is a drug-free workplace.