The Director of Project Finance is responsible for all aspects of Sun Tribe’s project finance activities. This position will work closely with the Chief Technology Officer and Director of Accounting to maximize economic returns in the deal structuring of Sun Tribe’s portfolio of commercial and utility-scale PPAs. This position will maintain and grow third party financing relationships to ensure Sun Tribe has the most competitive financing sources available on the market. The position will also inform PPA prices, requiring a deep understanding of current market return expectations and long-term trends.
- Drive down the company’s cost of capital
- Own and improve project financial models
- Develop strong working relationships with development team
- Maintain key relationships with banks, financial institutions and tax equity providers to ensure valuation is at the most competitive terms and oversee financing through financial close
- Review and negotiate project agreements, debt financing, joint development and partnership agreements.
- Perform project-level financial due diligence across various functional groups including EPC, O&M, asset management, interconnection, real estate, permitting and environmental, and insurance
- Oversee the creation and maintenance of pricing tools for financed solutions including lease, PPA, PACE, bank loans and others as applicable
- Integrate pricing tools with our investors’ financial models and structure/return requirements
- Work with Sales/Marketing team to clarify value proposition and help close with financial decision-maker
- Determine PPA pricing for projects in development by the Sales and RFP teams
- Understand applicable incentives and rate structures that drive financial value
- Train Sales/Marketing/Operations personnel in key aspects of financial sales process
- Place financed projects with appropriate 3rd party financiers, including driving the contracting processes.
- Oversee the creation and maintenance of information memorandums and data rooms for active financed projects
- Oversee and continually update credit approval process
- Perform fiduciary role in managing portfolio risk
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Masters in Finance, MBA, or equivalent work experience
- A minimum ten years’ experience in project finance as it relates to renewable energy
- Experience leading tax equity structuring and sell side transactions
- Expert in MS Excel and high proficiency with other MS Office products
- Able to communicate complicated and technical points clearly both verbally and in writing
- Knowledge of principles of GAAP
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work well with others in a collaborative team environment
- Entrepreneurial mindset and ability to self-manage
- Commitment to integrity in all dealings
- Experience with credit analysis beneficial but not necessary
- Valid state driver’s license, clean DMV driving record
SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter directly to [email protected] with the subject line ‘Director of Project Finance’
Sun Tribe is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation or belief.
Sun Tribe Solar is a drug-free workplace.