The Development Manager position is responsible for identifying and growing new business opportunities and managing new client relationships to build upon Sun Tribe’s project portfolio with a near-term emphasis on Public sector partnerships. To succeed in this role, frequent day travel and occasional overnight travel will be required for client visits and to prospect for new customers, as well as to participate in industry events.
The Development Manager is a part of the Client Partnerships Team reporting directly to the Associate Director, Client Partnerships, and works closely with other key staff, including the Development Engineering Team and Public Affairs Department.
- Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of the Company’s services and pricing structure
- Closely monitor developments and trends in the marketplace and competitive landscape, reporting regularly to senior leadership on findings
- Build enduring relationships with key external stakeholder groups to drive a sustainable pipeline of new business opportunities
- Generate and/or follow Company sales leads, qualifying and developing them into prospects
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all assigned leads and those self-generated
- Evaluate portfolios of real property in order to develop custom energy solutions designed to maximize value for client partners
- Effectively communicate internally and manage resources to meet business development objectives
- Represent the company at conferences, and other networking events, as well as occasionally deliver presentations and participate in industry panels
- Determine prospect and customer goals, values, objections, and needs, and propose appropriate solar service solutions
- Deliver sales proposals/presentations to relevant stakeholders including boards of supervisors, school boards, and other public officials
- Maintain accurate daily records in the Company’s CRM management system to update scheduling and activities, and develop accurate prospective customer profiles
- Adhere to Project Life Cycle; maintain accurate records in the Company’s Master Project Data Sheets
- Service inbound commercial and industrial inquires in territory, explore feasibility, and lead viable projects through all Development Manager responsibilities as outline in Project Life Cycle
- Maintain good customer relations and customer service throughout the sales cycle, including before, during, and after the project is completed and installed
- Contribute to RFP response and interview requests for assigned prospect opportunities
- Complete required reports and other paperwork in a timely manner and in accordance with Company policy
- Regularly review weekly sales activities, progress on goals, and status of prospective customers
- Other duties, as assigned
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- MBA or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years of proven success in outside sales
- Excellent planning, organization, and prioritization skills
- Experience in self-generating prospect leads, and exceptional follow up skills
- A track record of achievement as evidenced by sales awards, beating quota, building a new book of business, growing a market, etc.
- Experience in developing and executing territory sales strategies
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong presentation, negotiation, and closing skills
- Ability to work well with others in a collaborative team environment
- Experience using CRM management systems
- Entrepreneurial mindset and ability to self-manage
- Experience with solar energy preferred but not required
- Sales experience in the public market segment preferred but not required
- Valid state driver’s license, clean DMV driving record
SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION:
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter directly to [email protected] with the subject line “Development Manager”.
# # #
Sun Tribe is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation or belief.
Sun Tribe Solar is a drug-free workplace.