The Associate Director of Talent Management position is a leadership role within the Operations Department which serves all other Sun Tribe business units. As a talent organization, our competitive advantage is attracting, developing, and retaining exceptional individuals, and we strive to create an authentic environment that enables the best, true version of each team member. This position will oversee the full life cycle of talent management including sourcing, hiring, performance management, engagement, and retention.
The Associate Director of Talent Management reports directly to the Director of Operations and has the potential to lead a team of talent management professionals. This position also works closely with executive team members and business unit leaders, and manages relationships with external partners such as universities, industry organizations, and recruiting agencies.
- Lead by example and demonstrate the Company’s core values of Community, Safety, Joy, Perpetual Improvement, Nature, and Respect.
- Challenge individual team members to grow professionally and provide the necessary support and resources to enable their success.
- Organize and improve workflows, establish SOP’s and promote best practices within the Operations Department and across the organization.
- Participate in organizational strategic planning and provide professional expertise related to company-wide policy development.
- Advise executive leadership on difficult or complex decisions including evaluation of talent, performance, and sensitive personal issues.
Inclusion & Diversity
- Work closely with the Chair of the Inclusion and Diversity Task Force to promote an environment of equal employment opportunity, diversity, and competitive advantage in support of the company’s inclusion and diversity strategy.
- Assist with the development of internal training programs that help the organization leverage our diversity and maximize company performance.
- Promote community outreach programs that align with the Company’s core values.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with regional and national professional and student affinity groups.
Recruitment & Talent Acquisition
- Serve as a business partner with hiring managers to develop effective sourcing and recruitment strategies that result in pools of exceptional candidates for open positions.
- Develop strategic partnerships with professional organizations and local universities in order to increase the diversity of applicant pools and reduce the cost and time to hire.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with 3rd party recruiting professionals to assist with sourcing candidates for high-level positions.
- Manage the company’s Applicant Tracking System and facilitate the hiring process from initial outreach to offer negotiation.
- Assist with the design, implementation, and management of an internship program for high-potential candidates.
- Collect and analyze data and report on key metrics and trends related to recruitment and sourcing methods.
- Work closely with the Talent Manager to facilitate the on-boarding of new team members.
Performance Management and Talent Retention
- Provide professional expertise and support in facilitating a performance management system, that promotes perpetual improvement, growth, and development across the organization.
- Develop, initiate and maintain best-in-class programs for workforce retention, promotion and succession planning.
- Develop and implement employee engagement strategies that promote social cohesion across departments and nurture a positive, supportive work environment.
- Coordinate and lead employee recognition efforts.
- Monitor company-wide talent management and engagement metrics (job satisfaction, professional development, environment, retention, etc.)
- Assist with internal conflict resolution and people management.
- Ensure legal compliance with all state and federal labor regulations.
Education & Experience
- Broad human resource management experience including designing, developing and supporting organization-wide talent management programs including performance management, talent development, coaching, succession planning, data analytics and relationship management.
- Recent experience recruiting across multiple disciplines and geographic areas, for multiple levels including exempt and leadership positions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or other related field (Master’s degree preferred).
- SPHR or SHRM-SCP preferred
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal, counseling, and negotiation skills
- Strong presentation and communication skills, including both written and oral delivery
- Demonstrated history of values-based leadership skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Thorough understanding of recruiting methods and best practices, as well as applicable policies and federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, as well as Human Resources Information Systems (Namely preferred) and Applicant Tracking Systems.
SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter directly to [email protected] with the subject line “Associate Director of Talent Management”.
# # #
Sun Tribe is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation or belief.
Sun Tribe Solar is a drug-free workplace.