The Associate Director of Data and Analytics is a critical role within the Operations Department which serves all other Sun Tribe business units. As a data-driven organization, the collection, stewardship, and analysis of our information is critical to our continued success. This position will serve as a business partner to senior members of the organization and will be responsible for building our data, analytics, and digital capabilities including:
- Establishing an enterprise data management, analytics and digital strategy that drives business outcomes
- Deploying/implementing data and analytics solutions (databases, integration, reports/dashboards, analytic models) to inform strategic level decision-makers
- Establishing and evangelizing data and analytics practices that build a data-driven organization
- Identifying opportunities to automate and accelerate business processes through the adoption of new/emerging technologies
The Associate Director of Data and Analytics reports directly to the Director of Operations and has the potential to lead a team of data and IT professionals. This position also works closely with executive team members and members of leadership including the CTO and Vice President of Trading.
- Collaborate with executive and senior leaders across the organization to understand the business value chain and provide strategic recommendations for driving business outcomes through improvements to the creation, capture, access and use of data
- Oversee the development and deployment of the enterprise’s data and analytics platform ; design, build, implement, and maintain required infrastructure for the integration and staging of data, the development and maintenance of the data stores (e.g., data lakes, data warehouse and data marts), and analytics tools (e.g., PowerBI) for use throughout the organization.
- Collaborate with team members to collect, organize, and maintain enterprise-wide data related to customers, vendors, projects, inventory, SREC’s and other critical information
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements including optimizing data capture and delivery and automating manual processes
- Develop and maintain controls on data quality, security, privacy, and interoperability to effectively manage the corporate risk associated with the use of data and analytics
- Be the corporate leader of data-driven insights that help support the exploitation of strategic and tactical business opportunities; undertake accountability for advancing the value of Sun Tribe’s data assets through the strategic use of analytics and reporting
- Collaborate with executives, business leaders and team members to understand their decision-making processes, business processes and information needs; translate those needs into effective and timely analytics/reporting solutions that improve decision-making and process outcomes
- Assist in the design and creation of standard reporting packages, dashboards, and analytics for internal and external consumption; perform statistical and advanced analysis as needed to support business initiatives
- Proactively mine databases and data sources to identify trends and patterns and generate insights for business units and senior leadership
Education and Training
- Drive the creation of a data-driven culture across Sun Tribe and the development of data and analytics competencies across the organization
- Serve as a “go-to”-person for end users to interpret and use information; provide end users with training on data and analytics tools and best practices
- Work with stakeholders across the organization and assist with data-related technical issues.
- Partner with the executive team to scan the horizon for emerging tools and technologies related to data, analytics, and the digital enterprise. Work together to ensure their timely introduction for competitive advantage and to minimize duplication.
- Identify new types and sources of data to enable business innovation throughout the organization
Education & Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in business administration, computer science, data science, information science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Master’s degree preferred
- 6+ years of experience in data management disciplines including data modeling, data integration, data quality, data governance, and database design/management.
- 3+ years of experience working in cross-functional teams and collaborating with business stakeholders to develop data and analytics solutions
- 3+ years of hands on experience performing analytics and developing analytic solutions desirable.
- Strategy and management consulting experience desirable
- Experience within the energy, utility, and/or financial industries desirable
Skills & Abilities
- Expert in data management, analytics and related disciplines including data modeling, data architecture, data warehousing, data integration, data strategy, data quality management, data governance, master data management, business intelligence (BI) and analytics, and content management
- Ability to visualize data and develop intuitive analytics using data discovery, analytics, and BI tools (e.g., PowerBI, Tableau)
- Basic understanding of popular data science platforms/languages such as R, Python, KNIME, Alteryx and others is desired but not required
- Hands on knowledge of statistical methods and techniques (predictive modeling, regression, etc.)
- Experience with data integration approaches, particularly extract transform load (ETL)
- Demonstrated proficiency designing and deploying data pipelines (data integration, storage, analytics) within cloud and hybrid environments
- Expertise designing, deploying, and maintaining analytical data stores (e.g., data warehouse, data mart, data lake)
- Experience with popular relational and non-relational database technologies (e.g., SQL, NoSQL, Oracle, Hadoop)
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with all levels of an organization, to both technical and non-technical team members
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to regularly learn and adopt new technology
- Proven ability to lead multi-departmental data, BI and analytics initiatives
- Confident, energetic self-starter with strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Proficient with MS Office
SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter directly to [email protected] with the subject line “Associate Director of Data and Analytics”
# # #
Sun Tribe is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation or belief.
Sun Tribe Solar is a drug-free workplace.