About Sun Tribe
At Sun Tribe, we make legacy-grade clean energy projects happen. Diligent upfront de-risking, best-in-class development and engineering, and forging ongoing relationships built on trust translate into long-term value for our partners. Sun Tribe projects stand the test of time and exceed expectations. Because legacies are a serious thing to build — and the integrity of ours depends on the quality of yours.
Solar That Does More
Better solar saves money, creates jobs, and helps shape a better future for all of our communities. That’s why Sun Tribe projects deliver reliable, affordable, clean energy — and go further. For instance:
- The first solar array in Virginia history to sit on an abandoned coal mine.
- The first school district in the country powered by 100% onsite solar.
- Bringing solar energy education into school curricula.
- Incorporating agriculture- and pollinator-friendly principles into projects.
Partnering For Success
Legacies get built together. That’s why we partner with a wide variety of individuals and organizations to bring projects to life: landowners, investors, K-12 schools, universities, government agencies, community and economic development organizations, utilities, local businesses and Fortune 200 companies alike, nonprofits, elected leaders, and other energy companies.
Locally Known, Internationally Respected
Headquartered out of the East Coast clean energy hub Charlottesville, Virginia, we remain committed to and focused on the Mid-Atlantic, Southeast, and other U.S. domestic markets — even as we’ve built a reputation for solar innovation that has garnered attention across the country and around the world in outlets such as Bloomberg, the Washington Post, Canada’s CBC, and Germany’s ARD.
Meet Sun Tribe
In less than a decade, Sun Tribe has grown into one of the largest clean energy companies in the Mid-Atlantic region. We are a disciplined team who love this work and continually strive to set a new standard for what’s possible.
Key stats about our collective impact include:
- Founded: 2016
- Team members: 80+
- Projects completed: 100+
- Years of Combined Team Experience: 300+
- Team Lifetime Development: 50 GW+
- Business + Leadership Industry Positions: 15+
- Commercial-scale Development
- Utility-scale Development
- EPC: Design + Build
- Asset Management: Operations + Maintenance